Location: San Francisco, CA
Metabiota is the pioneer in comprehensive risk analytics that improve the world’s resilience to epidemics. Built on a strong foundation of epidemiology and international field science, including a worldwide network of on-the-ground experts, Metabiota delivers actionable, data-driven insights that help countries, governments and corporations manage and mitigate infectious diseases. With a strategic global presence and sustained partnerships, Metabiota’s agile approach is helping the world track, transfer and mediate the risk associated with epidemic threats. The company’s international footprint includes operations in over 20 countries and offices in San Francisco, Washington, Ukraine, China, Canada, and Sierra Leone.
Description of Position: The Head of Corporate Marketing & Communications role has been created to drive the company’s efforts to position itself as a visionary leader across its three target market segments: Insurance Risk, Governments, and Food Risk. S/he will hold primary responsibility for providing executive leadership and management of corporate marketing activities, which include: brand development, corporate marketing, partner/channel marketing, as well as support product marketing and sales enablement efforts.
Responsibilities: The Head of Corporate Marketing & Communications will be an integral member of Metabiota’s executive team. S/he will encompass all customer-related communications functions with a focus in the human health and risk management arenas. The position is responsible for the rapid development of a comprehensive communication ecosystem and team providing key insights and actionable solutions for gaining international market entry and traction in both the government and commercial sectors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Defining the appropriate marketing organization for the company’s maturity/size.
- Developing and managing the Company’s marketing budget.
- Developing and executing the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve goals.
- Overseeing marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, white papers, trade shows, seminars and events collateral materials, analyst management, and website design and content either directly or on an outsourced basis.
- Creating an institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function that can track, measure and analyze performance.
- Ensuring all marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources.
- Providing input and support to the company’s leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership arrangements.
- Participating fully in professional societies and activities related to Metabiota’s industries in general and the marketing profession in particular.
- Supporting product marketing efforts including product launch, presentations, sales tools, and general sales support.
- Acting as spokesperson for the company at industry events.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%. Some of the travel is international.
- A minimum 10 years’ corporate marketing experience in comparable industries with 4 years in a senior management position.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Extremely effective public speaking skills and presence.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage often outsourced marketing activities (PR, corporate identity system, website, etc.)
- Experience in choosing, deploying, and using marketing and sales software applications. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Substantial experience working with business and industry press.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A mission-driven, team player approach with a commitment to service; a desire to make an impact and difference.
- Demonstrable drive, determination, and action orientation needed to be successful in fast-paced, high pressure situations.
- The maturity, judgment and self-confidence to operate effectively with a high level of independence.
- The highest level of integrity and high ethical standards.
Education Requirements: A master’s degree in business, marketing, or a related discipline is required.
How to Apply: Please contact Marcy Carroccio or Deidre Parris:
A competitive compensation package is available for this opportunity.