Title: Editor and Content Director
Location: San Francisco, CA
How to Apply: Visit http://grnh.se/5ckq1j1 to apply!
Level of Experience: Mid-level
Education Requirements: None
Skills: Writing, editing, additional detail below.
Responsibilities: Owning our voice (more below)
Salary Range: Competitive depending on experience.
Work Environment: Full-time in SF with occasional travel to our other offices.
At Mapbox we are building the geospatial platform of the future. Mapbox is growing fast and we are looking for an experienced writer to help scale our voice in an authentic, impactful way. You will be responsible for the copy across our website and blog, ensuring our content stays fresh and engaging to our customers and users. You’ll also collaborate with our Design team on our website, ensuring our ever-updating array of products is showcased in the best light.
As Editor and Content Director, you’ll sit on the Communications team. You’ll plan and execute a content strategy that highlights our products, customer use cases, infrastructure, and competitive edge. At Mapbox, team members from across the company – from Sales, to Engineering, to Customer Success, to Labs – contribute to the blog, and we will rely on you to both support those individuals while bringing consistency to our messaging.
* Define our voice, create a style guide, and ensure our team communicates in a way that best highlights our work.
* Create an editorial calendar for the blog and work across teams to identify content to share.
* Review blog posts and external communications and create review systems for the Communications team for this collateral, to ensure consistency in style and tone.
* Dive deep into our products with the Business, Sales, and Product teams to understand how to better translate their value to our varied audiences.
* Dig into our metrics (with our User Researcher and Design team) to understand what content performs and resonates with our many audiences; engage in constant experiments and analysis to help us improve our content strategy.
* Ensure the website copy is kept up to date and showcasing the best of our work.
Qualities we’re looking for
* You’re a great listener with a strong ear for tone.
* You have impeccable attention to detail and strength in composition. At all times you maintain an acute awareness of the audience to whom you are speaking and overall goal of the piece.
* You’re not only an excellent writer and copy editor, you excel at helping others improve their writing skills.
* You’re a former journalist or possess a strong journalistic instinct; you help all members of our team uncover the potential of their work and its story.
* You’re able to learn technical content and context quickly.
* You’re excited to juggle multiple stories and projects at once, and able to prioritize on the fly and adapt quickly.
This role is based in our San Francisco office and the flexibility to travel between our offices is preferred.
Joining the team Sound like you? Click apply and tell us why you’re excited about Mapbox and this role.
Sound interesting, but not sure you tick all the boxes? Please apply – we emphasize teaching and learning at Mapbox, and there’s tons of room to grow.
We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team. We encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.