Dear SF IABC members and friends,
It may be a new year, but the SF IABC Board made our resolution at the beginning of our board year last July! We committed to constantly find ways to create a better experience for our members. To this end, I’m excited to announce a change related to our email communications.
Cutting through the Noise by Cutting Down on Email
Starting this month, you can expect only one email a week from us – delivered to your inbox every Monday.
- We will alternate between dedicated event emails and short updates with links to original content on our website, event details and membership updates.
- Email from the global IABC organization is generated separately and sent from IABC headquarters (e.g., CW Observer, Weekly Digest, etc.). Be on the lookout for local information from SF IABC vs. IABC.
Keeping It Short and Making It Relevant
Your time is valuable, so we’ll keep emails short, simple and timely. In our weekly email, you will find:
- Information about upcoming SF IABC professional development and networking events around the Bay Area, along with related discounts and promotions
- Feature articles and blog posts penned by our members
- Member news
- Updates on membership benefits at the chapter level
Please let us know if our emails are of value to you. We’re always listening on social media, so follow us and share your thoughts. Or, get in touch with me or any of our board members directly.
Happy New Year!
SF IABC President
P.S. Will we see you at our January events? Check out the Independent Communicators’ Roundtable meeting on 1/18 with SF IABC VP, Communications, Sue Stoney, who will share her writing secrets, as well as those of other ICR members, in a true roundtable. Also ask about our Networking Nine dinners in SF and Walnut Creek on 1/24. Visit sf.iabc.com for more information.