Seeking a marketing writer who writes for today’s consumer: engaging, succinct copy that gets attention and results.
DELTA DENTAL OF CALIFORNIA is the state’s largest dental health plan. Along with its affiliates, the nonprofit corporation covers 34.5 million people in its commercial and government programs throughout California and the nation.
Job Title: Communications Writer (Web)
Reporting to: Manager Communications
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posting Date: 3/21/17
This permanent, full-time position is responsible for producing web and email content for external audiences, including brokers, prospects, clients and enrollees. Responsibilities include writing, editing, obtaining approvals, project management, and working with web design/production and direct marketing teams to post/launch content.
* Manages web and email communications projects from inception through distribution (includes research, writing, approvals, editing, proofreading, graphic design, overall quality control, and posting for external audiences (brokers, prospects, clients and enrollees).
* Develops corporate and strategic marketing messages and content for the enterprise, which requires understanding a breadth of complex issues including insurance industry regulations, product characteristics and an understanding of the health care industry.
* Presents complex ideas to external audiences in a concise, compelling and actionable format.
* Produces and maintains content on corporate websites, microsites, custom websites and landing pages.
* Produces content for ad hoc emails, B2B and B2C campaigns, working in collaboration with direct marketing team.
* Produces and updates project timelines and goals reports, and performs other record-keeping duties.
* Manages multiple projects and deadlines. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
* A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education is preferred, but candidates with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration.
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
* Outstanding marketing writing skills, with proven experience writing concise, actionable web copy.
* Strong knowledge of SEO best practices.
* Ability to adapt voice and style for different brands/audiences.
* Understanding of section 508 compliance and web content creation.
* Detailed knowledge and application of English grammar including composition, editing and proofreading skills (must pass writing/editing/proofreading test).
* Flexible, creative, energetic, detail oriented and demonstrating a positive attitude.
* Knowledge of interactive design and information architecture with regard to content strategy. Experience collaborating with design and production teams.
* Familiarity with mapping content to web templates.
* Knowledge of HTML, WordPress and SharePoint.
* Proficiency in Windows platform and MS Office suite.
* Ability to follow up on commitments on a timely basis, adhere to deadlines and be a strong team player.
* Exceptional time and project management skills and multi-tasking/problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to communicate complex information clearly.
* Ability to write persuasive marketing copy.
* Ability to make executive-level presentations.
* Ability to interact well with co-workers and outside contacts.
* Knowledge of health care industry and of Delta Dental products, policies and guidelines a plus.
* Basic math skills.
* Regularly required to work standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine, etc.).
* Ability to work on a computer up to 7 hours a day. Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
* Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
* Close vision required for computer usage. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 25 pounds.