At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatment, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Corporate Communication will primarily be responsible for partnering with the HR and Communication teams to define and deliver a compelling corporate communication strategy and program to inform, engage and inspire key stakeholders around the world — including current and prospective 10x-ers — and advance the company’s reputation as a great place to work.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our global internal communication channels and processes, including launching our intranet, executing company-wide meetings and more. In addition, you’ll look for and create opportunities to tell our internal story externally, through earned media, owned channels, social media and our public website.
The individual will work with the broader global organization to find new and better ways to bring the 10x story to life internally and externally, helping the company advance by regularly communicating about our mission, strategy and culture.
To succeed in this role, you must be a self-starter, detail oriented, action and output driven, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, and be confident communicating with all levels within the organization and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will have a strong global perspective and be a builder who is creative, flexible, collaborative and, most importantly, able to think outside the box to get things done.
This role will report into the Vice President of Corporate Communication.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with HR, functional teams and senior staff to develop and execute the company’s corporate communication strategy, program and messaging to share the 10x Genomics’ corporate strategy and progress with relevant stakeholder segments via employee communications, public relations, social media and other channels.
- Set the agenda and execute on our global internal communications strategy, helping to inform and engage employees around the world by:
- Supporting senior management on communicating effectively with employees, based on a good understanding of the pulse of the organization
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to develop, launch, measure and manage a suite of company-wide communication channels and processes, including a company intranet and regular all-employee meetings.
- Helping to tailor and target communications to specific teams where appropriate (e.g., regional; outside of the U.S.; field vs. HQ; R&D; etc.)
- Help develop and coordinate employee communications to advance the company’s mission, strategy, culture and key objectives, including supporting significant company milestones and announcements (e.g., acquisition/integration)
- Work across the company to manage internal company-wide meetings, collaborating with multiple global functions to deliver informative and engaging experiences.
- Look for and create opportunities to tell our internal story externally, through earned media, owned channels, social media and our public website.
- Commit to gaining a thorough understanding of our corporate strategy and global operations. Stay on top of developing events within the company and industry to help manage both proactive and responsive communications for the company.
- Train, advise and develop spokespeople in the company for media interviews; prepare talking points and briefing docs.
- Develop written materials, such as key messages, FAQs and talking points to effectively communicate the company’s position.
- Influence internally and externally and have the skills to navigate and be successful in a matrixed, multinational organization.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, English or a related discipline.
- 10+ years of developing, managing and delivering internal communication strategies, preferably in-house at a global public company. We are looking for someone who knows a good story when he or she sees one. PR experience with earned media and social media content creation preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership presence and experience consulting, advising and fostering trusted relationships with C-Suite executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator who can tailor messages to a diverse set of internal and external audiences.
- Ability to shift between strategy and execution and thrive in a fluid and dynamic environment.
- Deep understanding of executive communications, employee engagement and channel management.
- Strong global mindset and experience working effectively in multinational organizations.
- Cross-functional experience leading through complexity, with the ability to influence and collaborate with multiple stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization, requiring coordination with multiple stakeholders including HR, MarCom, Investor Relations and Software/Website teams.
- A track record of prioritizing and executing competing priorities in a fast-moving environment with a high sense of urgency.
- To be agile and think outside the box in internal and external communications while using sound judgement at all times.
It would be fantastic if you already had:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in biology, chemistry, genomics or relevant working experience in life science.