As a Communications Consultant, you will help Fidelity’s clients deliver critical information to their employees, retirees and other participants by developing and delivering best-in-class communication materials through a variety of channels. This includes producing high-quality, cost-effective communications solutions for distribution to plan participants.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- BA/BS required
- Experience in employee benefits communication and/or financial services preferred
- 5-8 years communications consulting experience preferred
The Purpose of Your Role
You will guide Fidelity’s 401k plan sponsors to understand, value and leverage Fidelity’s participant programs and innovatively deliver communication and education.
The Skills You Bring
- Your working knowledge of communication process from writing and design through distribution across multiple media (print, internet, video)
- The ability to write and/or edit readable, user-friendly copy and integrate graphics to enhance message
- Your demonstrated project management success
- The ability to make decisions independently
- Your knowledge of the communications and financial industry and standards
- If you have the NASD 6 and 63 licenses, that is a plus
The Value You Deliver
- Ensuring strong client satisfaction by analyzing client plans, developing effective communications strategies based upon client needs and goals, and delivering high quality communication services
- Using consultative techniques to engage and negotiate with clients regarding communication services, compliance issues and industry trends
- Participating in and leading client meetings to review communication requirements, deliverables and alternatives, negotiating deadlines, and reviewing budget implications
- Analyzing plan-specific materials to develop knowledge of each client’s plan provisions and educating business partners
- Analyzing participant behavior and educational needs to propose best practice solutions and/or custom solutions
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of project plans and status reports to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Managing projects “end-to-end” by coordinating all resources to ensure that deadlines and client deliverables are met
- Balancing client needs with focus on cost management by proposing alternative solutions that fit within budget constraints and/or identifying fee-for-service opportunities
- Scoping large-scale and fee-for-service projects to set realistic budget expectations and timeframes with clients
- Actively executing and billing any fee-for-service opportunities, including review and approval of all client communication expenses/billing as appropriate
- Measuring and reporting successes/opportunities based on identified plan goals following execution of communications
- Actively identifying any process improvement opportunities within the C&E area and working with appropriate business partners to implement changes
- Participating in additional project management responsibilities and department initiatives, depending on capacity
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
You will work with approximately 6-8 clients, depending on the assets and complexity of the client. Your efforts will generate revenue for Fidelity by offering cost effective, digital solutions that engage participants. You will partner internally with key stakeholders like marketing, product, legal and production to meet client needs. You will partner externally with key stakeholders like plan sponsors, consultants, participants and Fidelity’s vendors.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.