CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia and childhood myopia, and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers.
The Manager, Internal & Executive Communications is a highly visible role that develops and distributes internal communications content on a number of important company topics across a variety of channels. This includes providing direct support for executive communications for several of the most senior company leaders and contributing to the strategic direction of the internal comms function.
• Create communications with powerful messaging, leveraging different media and customized as necessary for the audience
• Work cross-functionally and across geographies with internal stakeholders at all levels to define key themes, messages and content in order to drive awareness, engagement and adoption of programs and initiatives.
• Employ innovative marketing and communications tactics that expand program visibility and motivate internal audiences to take action.
• Write compelling and effective copy for a variety of audiences and channels including (but not limited to) newsletters, videos, presentations, virtual events and announcements.
• Manage a comprehensive executive communications strategy to drive engagement, instill confidence and trust, and inspire around the company’s strategy.
• Track and report metrics on effectiveness of content and messages to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze and tune messaging to maximize conversion.
• Manage multiple priorities as an independent self-starter with excellent time management within a rapidly evolving business.
• Drive change thoughtfully, and proactively, coming up with creative change management solutions.
• Develop strategies to effectively and swiftly respond to a variety of crisis situations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience developing and implementing communication plans.
• Experience creating and editing content: digital, written, video and visual communications materials.
• Superior oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate a clear point of view on complicated issues in clear, concise communications.
• Experience influencing organizations through communications, from audience and stakeholder analysis through implementation and success metrics tracking.
• Ability to make a compelling case for communications and to engender support for programming, decisions and resources.
• Demonstrated success in partnering with commercial teams and enabling functions (including HR & IT) to meet their communications needs in an employee-centric manner.
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
• Proven ability to think strategically and implement ideas from ideation and development to measurement and evaluation.
• Demonstrated experience building trust and influencing cross-functional teams and senior leaders.
• Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes.
• An agile, flexible individual with a “can-do,” problem-solving attitude and approach to managing ambiguity in a fast-evolving environment.
• Strong general business acumen, particularly with a global, public company.
• Refreshing place to work – gaining share, implementing new ideas, scrappy and fun.
• Energizing and fast-paced environment – you won’t be bored!
• 7+ years of experience in communications, preferably a combination of external and internal, in an agency and/or corporate environment. Experience in medical device/pharmaceuticals/
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
The Cooper Companies, Inc. (“Cooper”) is a global medical device company publicly traded on the NYSE (NYSE:COO). Cooper operates through two business units, CooperVision and CooperSurgical. CooperVision brings a refreshing perspective on vision care with a commitment to developing a wide range of high-quality products for contact lens wearers and providing focused practitioner support. CooperSurgical is committed to advancing the health of women, babies and families with its diversified portfolio of products and services focusing on medical devices and fertility & genomics. Headquartered in Pleasanton, CA, Cooper has more than 12,000 employees with products sold in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.coopercos.com.