While we’ve been named a “best place to work,” our greatest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our commitment to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual with extraordinary skills in employee communications, including strategic planning and execution, writing/editing, interpersonal and team communications, and creative thinking.
As a member of our team, you will develop and execute comprehensive, strategic communication plans for the Operations division (including Claims and Service), and Personal Lines Product, and other departments and divisions as needed, to successfully engage our 3,800 employees. You will have experience working with C-level executives and have a broad employee communications background, including the ability to ensure employees understand the organization’s strategic priorities and their role in achieving them. You will be responsible for using communication channels that include weekly e-newsletters, intranet, email, presentations, special events, social tools and more.
- Demonstrate the ability to create strategic as well as tactical plans; have excellent hands-on implementation abilities
- Make recommendations on how best to frame key issues through strategic counsel, and support these recommendations with targeted communication tactics
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of business priorities, key business drivers, partners, and new and ongoing initiatives within the company
- Partner closely with senior leadership executives and teams to keep current on challenges and opportunities affecting the company and employees
- Develop communication strategies that align with and reinforce company culture
- Plan and create effective and engaging content to implement communication plans
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in partnering with various teams, including leaders at every level (e.g., C-suite)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extraordinary writing and editing skills
- Ability to develop cross-functional relationships and build credibility
- Clear, logical thinking; ability to distill and simplify detailed information for broad employee audience
- Critical thinking and planning
- Well-organized, efficient and highly productive; excellent project management skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Strong listening, collaboration and partnership skills
- Passion for clarity, accuracy, timeliness, efficiency and innovation, including a willingness to try new communication methodologies, tools and vehicles
- Strong work ethic and good judgment
Education & Experience
- B.S. or B.A., preferably in English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline
- Experience counseling highest-level executives on communication issues
- Track record of successful, high-impact, large-scale employee communication campaigns
- 7+ years of experience in internal communications or public relations in a fast-moving, corporate environment
- Skills in areas such as analytics, design, video production, photography, infographics and a variety of electronic tools/platforms a plus (including SharePoint)
- Insurance experience a plus
We offer many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma.