Pick up the Slack (and other internal comms apps)
The Digital Workplace is the next frontier for companies large and small. As companies implement productivity tools, collaboration spaces, and mobile apps, communicators find themselves at the intersection of internal and change communications. How do you effectively educate and engage employees during a digital transformation?
Join SF IABC’s Idea Exchange event where you can hear from experts and share your stories, challenges, and questions with communications colleagues from various Bay Area companies.
Back by popular demand! The SF IABC Idea Exchange event! Over the course of the evening, you will participate in multiple rapid round discussions during which you can network and exchange ideas with a different group each time. After an interactive hour, all attendees will come together to share key takeaways.
Topics you can choose from (you’ll join three rapid round discussions over the course of the event):
- The Choice: How do I choose the tool? If you are in the beginning stages of creating a digital workplace, an important step is understanding which tools are right for your company and navigating the perspectives of internal stakeholders.
- The Rollout: I’ve got a tool, how do I get our communities to use it? After your tool is in place, you need to introduce and implement it successfully, including how/if to integrate into an existing (or new) intranet, engaging early adopter, and managing change communications.
- The Impact: How do I manage change across locations? As part of the implementation, managing change across geographic and cultural differences is a critical component of any digital transformation. Discuss the reality and details of navigating time zones, work-life balance, cultural and language differences, and more.
- The Following: How do I build/engage the community? If you build it, will they come? Create sustained change and engagement with your tool using tips and tricks from this important discussion.
- The Next Level: We have a community, how do I take it further? After your employees have adopted and embrace the internal community building tool, the next level is engaging leaders and integration of the tool into external communications (when possible).
We’ll have an experienced group of table moderators leading us through each topic, including:
- D.D. Johnice, Digital Experience Strategist and User Researcher at Kaiser Permanente.
- Rod Durham, Senior Technology Leader at Slalom.
- Neal Iverson, Director Internal Communications, Strategy, and Engagement at ROI Consulting.
- Chris Shelton, Digital Employee Channels Manager at McKesson.
- Maureen Thompson, Director, Employee & Culture Communications at GE Digital and SF IABC Board VP.
Register now to take advantage of early bird pricing and to reserve your spot!
- Early Bird: $10/members, $20/non-members (ends May 7)
- Regular: $15/members, $25/non-members (ends May 18)
- Final: $20/members, $30/non-members