Tax Talk Webinar for Consultants, Freelancers and Small Businesses
The rules have changed! Make sure you’re in the know as you close the books on 2018 and set financial goals for 2019.
SF IABC’s Independent Communicators’ Roundtable presents this practical and timely webinar to learn about the tax laws that went into effect in 2018.
What You Will Learn
- Details about the new laws passed by Congress in December 2017 that took effect January 1, 2018 (the coming income tax season will be the first to use the new rules)
- How to take all the deductions you are entitled to and avoid overpayment of taxes
- Tips for filing your taxes this year and what to do differently than before
- Ways to plan for 2019 so you can stay in compliance with tax laws while working toward your financial goals for your business
Who Should Attend
- Independent consultants
- Boutique agency owners
- In-house communicators who freelance on the side
Free for IABC members!
$15 for non-members (cancellations must be made by noon, January 15 to receive a full refund)
Registration deadline: Friday, January 18, 8 am
A Zoom link for the webinar with be emailed to attendees by 10 am on January 18. Attendees may call in or join via computer.
Can’t join us? All registered attendees will receive a recording of the webinar.
Questions? Contact Kamna Narain at (925) 829-5389
About the Speaker
Bruce Raine is an Income Tax Accountant who works primarily in Northern California. After 25 years as a professor at California State University, Hayward (now East Bay), Bruce opened a small income tax practice to help people save money on their income taxes.
Bruce specializes in working with self-employed individuals, small businesses and real estate investors. He believes most people pay too much in taxes because they don’t take all the deductions they are entitled to use, either from lack of knowledge of the tax laws or fear of the IRS. Bruce addresses both situations by educating his clients on the income tax laws and explaining how the IRS works.