The Next Pandemic Challenge: Returning to the Workplace
COVID-19 has undeniably altered the workplace. How can comms pros help prepare for a successful return to the workplace, and what does that return look like? What does “success” look like for different stakeholders? What else should comms pros focus on during conversations with employees and teams about returning to the office?
Join us for an IABC Seattle ProTalk when Jack Martin, Interim Associate Vice President for Communications for the University of Washington, shares his insights on:
- Best practices from a college campus about communicating about the return to the workplace
- Whether to mandate the vaccine and how to keep everyone safe – and feeling safe
- How to connect with audiences exhausted from a year and a half of constant change
- How communications can be a forcing function for some of the tough questions many of us still need to answer, such as how we’ll navigate the rise of the Delta variant
Based in University Marketing & Communications, Jack Martin is responsible for communications and messaging initiatives that highlight the UW’s contributions as one of the world’s great public research universities. In addition to university-wide strategic communications and executive-level messaging, Martin’s portfolio includes storytelling, internal and operational communications, and digital and social media.
IABC Seattle ProTalks are informative, interview-style conversations. Questions are welcome and we try to get to as many as possible. This is a free, virtual event, but reservations are required. No matter where you are in the world, we hope you’ll attend!
- Take It From Me: Your Career Journey is Better With IABC Along
- Member Month is Here — Join/Renew at a Discount!
- How to Prevent Burnout…and What to Do if It’s Too Late for Prevention
- Message from the President: Setting a (Musical) Tone
- Message from the President: Hello from the San Francisco Chapter!