Virtual Networking 9: Approaching Racial Inequality and Justice
Join us for our Networking 9 get-together over Zoom. Networking 9 offers SF IABC members a chance to get to know each other in a relaxed, casual (now virtual) setting.
Let’s connect, support each other and share ideas on how you and/or your company is tackling the discussion of racism and injustice. We’ll encourage everyone to share best practices and tips for:
- Communications, culture, DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) and leadership approaches that are working well to encourage safe spaces and open dialogue
- The role of communications in continuing the conversation with leadership as well as external and internal audiences
- Diversity/bias training and what to communicate before and after training
- Key learnings from missteps
As always, please bring an open mind, your ideas and your questions! Networking 9 is designed to be a relaxed, no-stress setting, and there’s no expectation that you’ll be a DEI expert for this conversation. We promise you’ll meet communications professionals working at companies of all sizes in the Bay Area who can offer solid advice on best practices.
Pricing and Other Important Details
- This event will be about 75 minutes, most of which will be an open discussion either with the entire group or in a break-out session over Zoom.
- There is no cost to attend.
- This event is limited to a maximum of 14 participants for a focused discussion and small-group networking environment.
- Networking 9 is for SF IABC members only. (Learn more about IABC membership and join today)!
We will email you the password-protected Zoom link after you register to make sure you are an IABC member (and hopefully avoid a Zoom bombing)!