Food+ by Compass is a global team of culinarians, managers, food service operators and subject matter experts crafting food experiences that fuel big ideas at one of the world’s major tech companies.
The food and experiences we provide make quite an impact: They help fuel the teams creating world-changing technologies — and that’s a big deal! We’re passionate about supporting the long-term success of everyone we feed, and we love what we do.
Food+ isn’t just a workplace. It’s a platform for you to innovate, bring your ideas to life, contribute to a sustainable future and — best of all — be part of an awesome team!
To support our growth, we’re looking for a Senior Manager of Strategic Communications for the Bay Area.
As part of the Marketing, Communications and Engagement (MCE) team, you will support a global food program and communicate its values of feeding the world responsibly and sustainably both to users and employees. You will help communicate the Food program’s mission to inspire and enable the community to thrive through food choices and experiences.
Being the senior leader, you will play an important role in developing the overall strategic approach to strengthen employee engagement, supporting organizational and culture change, and bringing the employee value proposition to life. Leading a team to execute on the strategy and key partner talent initiatives, you will recommend and develop new strategies that support partner and employer brand development and growth through storytelling as well as external employer brand positioning. The role is based in Sunnyvale, California.
The great things you’ll do
Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Communication strategy: You will be defining the overall communication needs including touchpoints, channel strategy and message framework. You will be leading the execution of plans while partnering with the Global Director of HR and Global Director of Marketing to ensure all communication messages are connected to broader strategies and priorities.
- Creative and fresh perspective: You will be communicating specific emphasis on how to best tell stories to strengthen employee engagement and culture.
- Crisis situation: You will support and navigate issues to protect brand image and to result in optimal outcome.
- Lead and collaborate: You will integrate message and communication strategies that build understanding of program and excitement for the employer brand.
- Support: You will be collaborating with the broader MCE team to drive strategic programs that deliver shared partner goals.
Strategic Business Partner / Stakeholder Management
- Interact with and influence: You will provide advice to executives that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
- Communication campaigns: You will be working closely with leaders and partner with teams to develop and execute innovative ways to engage employees. You will also be writing communications, business update presentations and talking points.
- Project and Events: You will be managing initiatives from beginning to end including internal communications as well as strategic plans.
- Manage: You will be leading a team and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders across business.
What we look for in the perfect candidate
- 10+ years of marketing experience with focus on brand development and internal communications
- Experience in diversity, equity and inclusion communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience partnering with operational teams and interacting with client stakeholders
- Ability to navigate across multiple stakeholders and partner organizations
- Experience in leading a team, taking on responsibility and creating a positive work environment encouraging teamwork
- Strategic thinker with experience in executing projects from initiation to close
- Interest in food, communication, culture and new advertising trends and techniques
- Ability to analyze work problems and opportunities allowing judgements to be made on time in a fast-paced, startup-like organization/environment
Some of the great things we provide:
- Generous paid time off
- An awesome and collaborative working environment
- Amazing workspaces
- Delicious onsite food
- +Many more!
Apply now to take your seat at our global table!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to treating all applicants and associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.