Which of the following resonate with you?
- You are leading a team of communications professionals
- You want your team to be more engaged, and perform at consistently high levels
- You want to keep current with new communication issues, developments, and tools
- You want to network and share or acquire knowledge
- You want to provide professional development opportunities for your team
If you said “yes” to even one of these, it’s time for you to consider signing up for a corporate membership with IABC.
Whether you’re part of a 3-person or 10-person team, becoming an active member within a larger pool of Bay Area communications professionals will give you access to insights and people to drive better business results.
At the local chapter level, SF IABC provides access to professional development and networking, as well as visibility and thought leadership opportunities, including member-only benefits like:
- Mentorship program, that will provide your team members a unique perspective to take their career to the next level, whether as a mentor or mentee
- Professional development and Networking 9 events, that provide teams an opportunity to network together, enabling not just team building but also brand building
- Speaking opportunities and being part of a panel at certain events to showcase your work or your company
- Thought leadership opportunities, through publishing articles on the website or being part of other channels
As a corporate member, you’ll also gain exclusive, unlimited access to IABC Academy—a dynamic, online education platform offering dozens of self-paced and on-demand courses that can be completed online from anywhere and are based on the Global Standard of the Communication Profession.
Learn how IABC corporate membership helps improve business results here.
Shilpa Maggon is an experienced communications professional who has worked in the PR, Marketing and Internal Communications fields for the past several years. She has been an active content development volunteer with the SF IABC chapter since 2017 and is currently looking for new professional opportunities. Connect with Shilpa on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kapoorshilpa.