Jibe is seeking a creative, collaborative professional to join our team in North Natomas, near Sacramento. The ideal candidate will enjoy engaging the public through innovative communication strategies and have a passion for creating and marketing programs that support environmentally friendly transportation solutions.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications & Business Outreach Manager is responsible for Jibe’s marketing strategy, brand management and communications functions. In addition, the incumbent collaborates with other Jibe team members to build the organization’s business outreach program, including assessing needs, creating innovative program elements, and initiating new and strengthening existing relationships with North Natomas’ retail and office businesses.
About North Natomas Jibe
For those who live or work in North Natomas, Jibe is a nonprofit organization with the mission to foster transportation behaviors that enhance our community through advocacy, programs, placemaking, education and services. Since our founding in 1999, community residents, school children, retail shoppers and businesses from throughout the region have benefited from our programs.
Through Jibe Express, Jibe to School, Jibe by Bike and Jibe at Work, we focus on services and programs that make it easier for residents and employees to leave the car at home. We’ve been a powerful force for change by facilitating walking/biking infrastructure, promoting active transportation options, providing input on residential and commercial development projects, supporting the use of public transportation options and cultivating a culture of livability.
Communications – 70%
- Creates and implements an integrated communications strategy incorporating marketing, PR, constituent outreach and promotional efforts to ensure brand consistency and influence.
- Creates and implements targeted marketing campaigns, activities and collateral materials, utilizing print, web, social media and video content, while staying within budgetary and time constraints.
- Identifies communications opportunities, generates creative solutions and takes the initiative to execute strategies to address these opportunities.
- Consistent with brand strategy, plans, researches and generates story ideas, writes engaging copy and monitors impact of communication activities.
- Drives social media strategy and engagement including developing appropriate content for each platform, monitoring social media accounts, tracking analytics, responding to engagement from constituents and relaying feedback to staff.
- Develops and maintains website content, ensures functionality and tracks analytics.
- Designs, prepares and publishes monthly e-newsletters and email communications to constituents and businesses.
- Builds and maintains relationships with a wide range of local, regional and national media outlets to secure and grow coverage of the organization.
- Hires and works closely with external graphic designers, advertising agencies, copywriters, photographers and video/photo production companies to produce marketing materials.
- Recruits, trains and manages Jibe Ambassadors, volunteers who champion the organization’s work in the community.
- Develops relationships with other nonprofits, government agencies, elected officials, neighborhood associations and other stakeholders to increase participation in Jibe’s programs and raise the profile of the organization.
- Creates and manages communications budget.
Business Outreach Program – 30%
- Works with Executive Director and other program staff to establish strategy and scope of the business outreach program that promotes single-vehicle trip reduction strategies, whether it be transit, bike, walk or carpool.
- Creates, manages, markets and delivers marketing campaigns, programs and events to North Natomas businesses that promote Jibe’s mission.
- Identifies and builds relationships with retail and office businesses in North Natomas, collaborating with diverse industries to identify transportation services that fit their needs. Oversees, organizes and maintains a database of business contacts in order to effectively manage relationships.
- Surveys and critically analyzes employee participation data, gauging success and implementing program changes as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in a communications/marketing role required.
- Superior writing skills and demonstrated excellence in verbal and interpersonal communications with diverse audiences.
- Able to use creativity to develop new ideas and strategies that build and enhance programs, expand outreach efforts and result in innovative marketing campaigns.
- Capability to take knowledge and transform it into persuasive, useful communication and effectively direct those messages to varied audience segments in an engaging format.
- Engaging public speaker who is comfortable with frequent contact with a diverse cross-section of the public and business community.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), web-based tools and Google Analytics; experience with Adobe Creative Suite highly desired.
- Genuine enthusiasm for walking, bicycling and carpooling combined with a willingness to actively promote environmentally friendly transportation.
- Positive, enthusiastic self-starter who excels in a collaborative work environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities; strong organizational and time management skills.
- A commitment to produce quality work.
- Possess a valid CA driver’s license and have access to a car for work meetings (mileage reimbursed at IRS rate).
- Must be a bicycle enthusiast who is comfortable riding in moderate traffic conditions for community bike rides a few times per year.
- Willingness to complete the League of American Bicyclists Smart Cycling class (paid for by Jibe).
- The normal work week is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5pm, with occasional evening and weekend hours.
Visit our website for more details on our programs.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Andrea Weiss, Search Consultant, email@example.com, 530-756-8219.