LendingClub is seeking an internal communications expert to join our growing Corporate Communications team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for internal communications and a deep desire to inspire and advocate for employees. You’re entrepreneurial and have a track record of successfully owning projects from start to finish. You comfortably handle multiple – and competing – projects at the same time, adjusting your priorities on the fly. You know when to sweat the details and when to back off and look at the bigger picture. You’re comfortable working with all levels of the organization and driven to create and maintain a compelling company narrative.
LendingClub is helping millions of Americans take control of their financial lives. Since 2007, we’ve connected borrowers with more than $28 billion in loans to help them consolidate debt, make a large purchase, improve their home, pay for a medical procedure and a whole lot more. We’re looking for others who are willing to devote their time and bold ideas to providing Americans with better financial options. We have an energetic and inclusive culture that celebrates new thinking and fosters a collaborative approach to solving important problems.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work closely with the director of internal communications and our executive team to drive employee alignment with LendingClub’s vision, mission, and strategy, and maintain our high level of employee engagement. You’ll help create communications strategy, identify, write and share compelling company stories, provide counsel and support to our business partners, and drive projects from concept to delivery. We’re a small team, so you’ll be both a strategist and a doer, rolling up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to deliver positive outcomes for our team, employees, customers and shareholders.
- At least 5 years of internal communications experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills, ability to earn trust and support
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to translate complex strategy into easily-understood, inspiring content across multiple voices and formats
- Solid thought leadership and good judgment
- Proven record of strategic thinking and execution
- Demonstrated ability to deliver programs that boost employee engagement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with demonstrated flexibility
- Strong project management skills
- Graphic design skills a big plus
LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we’ve helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.