LendingClub is seeking a Manager of Communications to support our 500+ strong Technology team. The successful candidate will be comfortable working with all levels of the organization and driven to create and maintain a compelling narrative. He or she will also have a strong strategic focus and a passion for helping teams perform at their best.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with the Technology Leadership Team to establish and drive a comprehensive internal communications and engagement strategy for the function
- Develop, write and produce a wide variety of internal and external communications, including business updates, leader emails, manager talking points, Technology stories and more
- Establish a communications infrastructure within the Technology team, identifying vehicles and methods to keep team members informed and engaged and drive business results
- Provide “air traffic control” and review for all communications within Technology, including maintaining a communications calendar and establishing review processes
- Plan and develop content for internal and external Technology events, including all hands meetings and speaking engagements
- Partner with LendingClub’s Corporate Communications team to provide a Technology perspective on internal and external communications and strategy, and find ways to share the Technology story throughout the company and our industry
- Serve as a representative and advocate for the Technology function in companywide initiative planning and rollout.
- 5-10 years of experience in an internal/external communications role focused on technology
- A thorough understanding of technology and current trends, as well as a knack for describing that technology in a way that is accessible to all audiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills, ability to earn trust and support in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to translate complex strategy into easily-understood, inspiring content across multiple voices and formats
- Solid thought leadership and good judgment
- Proven record of strategic thinking and execution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with demonstrated flexibility
- Strong project management skills
LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we’ve helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.