The Constellation Brands, Inc. (CBI) Communications team is responsible for supporting the Company’s vision and business strategy through the Wine & Spirits division by telling a focused and powerful story that enhances the company’s image, and that of its brands, through media, trade, influencers and employees.
As a strategic business partner, the Wine & Spirits Communications team is responsible for developing and executing strategic communication programs that support the top business objectives for the division’s marketing, sales, operations and international groups. The Manager will be directly responsible for providing support to division teams, facilitating select business/trade media relations and internal/local communications programs for the Wine & Spirits division.
- Development, planning and execution of Employee Communications strategy to increase visibility and adoption of business strategy, vision, mission + values and improve employee engagement and alignment
- Execute against Annual Employee Comms strategy:
- Ensure company message is delivered with one voice across platforms and people/speakers
- Provide guidance on editorial calendar (content, timing, alignment)
- Message development for global employee communication vehicles (i.e. OpenBar, Chatter)
- Assist Senior Director is developing executive messaging aligned with Annual Comms Plan (speaking points, issues communications, video scripts, town halls, key selling periods, etc.)
- Provide strategic communications counsel to support functions:
- Messaging and internal comms plans for companywide HR, IT, Finance, Legal initiatives (Workday, Concur, etc.)
- Culture-enhancing programming: strategy for Social Squad, Executive happy hours, All Hands meetings, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field
- 5 – 7 years of experience in public relations, corporate or employee communications with exposure and experience using social media channels
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines, managing budgets and juggling multiple priorities – while producing high-quality work and achieving excellent results
- Exemplifies a high level of professional maturity – works well under pressure and in stressful situations, excellent record of meeting deadlines.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills as well as the ability to independently manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrated superior writing, editing and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, excellent proof reading, command of spelling and grammar, with knowledge of AP Style
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work with people at all levels within an organization
- Self-driven, motivated, proactive
- Experience in the wine, beer, spirits industry a plus, passion for the industry essential!
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time
- Primary work environment is professional corporate office
- Ability to travel commercially
San Francisco, California