New Relic is looking for an experienced Product PR leader to join our growing Communications team!
Reporting to the VP of Public Relations, the Director of Technology and Product Public Relations is responsible for developing, leading and executing strategic global public relations programs. This position is responsible for establishing the Chief Product Officer as a forward-thinking thought leader. It translates the company’s Product strategy into a meaningful narrative, and engages with media and other influencers to deliver strategic media coverage that solidifies New Relic’s technology leadership and overall reputation.
The role is also responsible for working closely with senior technology and product leaders on storytelling strategies and delivering their thought leadership through a variety of channels. It requires experience building messaging for highly technical audiences, as well as a deep knowledge of the software industry, a positive outlook, energy and intellectual curiosity.
The ideal candidate is experienced in managing an external public relations agency to secure tangible results.
What You’ll Do
- Bring a deep understanding of the software development landscape to help New Relic deliver a winning product narrative to the market.
- Ensure that New Relic’s community of successful customer voices are at the heart of this narrative and included in every communication.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with our target media influencers.
- Build and run an editorial calendar that showcases the value that New Relic delivers to customers and partners through our continuous platform innovations.
- Partner with spokespeople across the Product team, including the Chief Product Officer, to build thought-provoking points of view that advance our narrative and increase our relevance to core audiences.
- Have a passion for technology and an ability to learn and try new things to tell the New Relic platform story.
- Deliver media and message training programs that ensure global spokespeople are well-prepared to deliver our key messages.
- Evaluate programs to ensure they are driving traffic, engagement, brand awareness and strategic intent for customers and prospects.
- Minimum of 10-12 years in Public Relations or Communications
- Experience driving strategic Product PR programs to reach software developers, IT Operations, SRE and IT buyer personas
- Strong writer and editor, with experience translating sophisticated technical concepts into compelling stories that resonate with our core audiences
- Established relationships with key media and influencers who follow the enterprise software and software developer industry
- Experience partnering with external global PR agencies to deliver results within budget
- Experience forging positive relationships with internal and external parties to uncover unique stories. Proven track record of working with C-level executives, as well as leaders across Engineering, Product Management and Product Marketing
- Ability to lead successful product launches and other cross-functional projects
- Someone who is always looking for ways to take programs to the next level, and a strong team leader who takes pride in the quality, precision and results of his/her team
- BA or BS degree required
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring his or her whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.