We are looking for an experienced Senior Go-To-Market Communications Manager to join our strategic and fast-paced Internal Communications team. This role will report directly to the Director of Internal Communications as part of our Marketing team and will also partner closely with the People team.
In this role, you will develop messaging platforms and programs that inform, engage and inspire our employees to ensure they have the information they need to be successful in their roles. You will also provide strategic support to executives to build their personal leadership brand and communication strategies to align their teams on our strategy, goals and priorities.
You will use your communications skills to amplify our culture and strategic vision and mission, help foster connections among teams and drive business results through upbeat communications that leave employees energized, informed and inspired to do their best work.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development of the Go-To-Market (GTM) internal communications strategy and results, with a strong focus on driving business alignment and engagement programs worldwide through modern digital and social collaboration platforms (Slack, LumApps, BlueJeans, Zoom, email, webcasts, newsletter, blogs and vlogs).
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop new programs to continually up-level our GTM internal communications program.
- Drive and assist with GTM executive communication programs globally among our regional leaders, including driving awareness and excitement around impactful news moments, company vision and product strategy.
- Plan and run GTM employee engagement events such as all-hands, town halls, webcasts and Ask Me Anything (AMA) sessions.
- Build a trusted partnership with the GTM executive team.
- Ensure that all content is the highest quality, creative, inspiring, compelling and aligns with corporate messaging.
- Collaborate with cross-functional communications partners to execute on a comprehensive global internal plan to ensure seamless communications.
- Build and manage a communications editorial calendar.
- Measure the success of your communications programs (and are excited about doing so!).
- 10+ years of experience in internal and/or external communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A track record of delivering successful GTM internal communications programs with measurable outcomes
- Grace under pressure and can navigate through crisis situations professionally and calmly
- Experience interfacing, influencing and partnering with C-level executives
- Creative storyteller, editor and writer who has skills across mediums including newsletters, slide creation and visual design
- Excellent at coordinating a communications plan across multiple stakeholders
- Extremely sharp attention to detail and a high bar for quality content
- Knowledge of industry best and emerging practices for engaging employees
- Self starter, ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in fast-paced, dynamic environments, as well as the ability to escalate appropriately
- Strong collaboration, partnership and project management skills
- Experience working directly with senior leaders and all levels of an organization
- Experience building and maintaining an editorial calendar and executive communications strategies
- Trusted partner who can keep news and information under strict confidentiality
- Developed webcasting strategies and managed video communications (content and production execution)
- Work history in the software industry, with insight into tech history, culture and tech nomenclature
- Experience in B2B software companies
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.) — all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
The world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) to visualize, analyze and troubleshoot their software. New Relic One is the most powerful cloud-based observability platform built to help companies create more perfect software. Learn why customers trust New Relic for improved uptime and performance, greater scale and efficiency, and accelerated time to market at newrelic.com.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring his or her whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture.