Help build internal comms from the ground up at Samsara, a fast-growing IoT company based in San Francisco. We are currently building out a brand new Communications function within our Marketing team and are seeking our first hire to lead Internal Communications globally! In this role, you will build our internal comms strategy from scratch, work with various teams across the company and partner closely with our executive team.
As a rapidly growing company of 1,500 employees sitting across four offices, internal communications is a critical factor for our continued success. We are looking for our first internal communications leader to drive these efforts forward. This is a new role and will have significant cross-functional responsibilities across the company.
Initially the role will be a “team of one.” You should be comfortable operating at high level strategy as well as getting in the tactical weeds. Within ~6 months, you will grow your team by one to two people, either here in San Francisco or in our London office. You should have a high level of emotional intelligence and understand what it takes to build and scale a best-in-class internal communications function.
We’re looking for someone with experience implementing internal communication programs at companies of ~3,000+ employees and seeing those programs through scale. Most important, though, you’re just excited at the idea of coming in and building an internal communications function from scratch.
In the first three months, you will:
- Create a one-year internal communications program that ensures all Samsarians feel connected to our culture and broader business goals.
- Create the strategy, develop content and manage our monthly all-hands and other employee engagement events.
- Partner closely with the People team on company-wide news and announcements, including system roll-outs.
- Manage internal communications efforts across Samsara’s four offices in the US and UK.
- Take over the execution of our monthly company newsletter, while developing a strategy for how to uplevel it further.
In the first six months, you will:
- Partner with our executive team, leaders across the company and the broader communications team to communicate business and product momentum internally and across all offices.
- Develop consistent internal communications channels and work closely with company leadership to build a steady stream of content.
- Create positive feedback loops across the company and work closely with Samsara leadership to promote open, two-way communication.
- Create a crisis communications plan, in conjunction with the Communications, Legal and People teams.
- Hire one person for your team.
Above all: be flexible! These are just some of the ways you will contribute, and this role has the opportunity to evolve according to the person in it.
Fast facts about Samsara:
– We’re pioneering industrial IoT (sensors + software)
– We have proven leadership: Founded in 2015 by Sanjit Biswas + John Bicket (Meraki founders)
– We’re stable: Series F, $6.3B valuation
– We’re growing: 1,500+ employees and offices in San Francisco, London, Atlanta, San Jose
Our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics and AI to operations across various industries.