The Stitch Fix Communications team is charged with bringing the story of Stitch Fix to life for all our audiences, from consumers to business press and investors to our own employees. We tell important, inspiring stories about our industry, our company, our leaders and our clients—and we have fun doing it. We work closely with our executives; our marketing, merchandising and data science counterparts; and our investor relations team to manage internal communications, make corporate announcements, launch new products and tell brand stories. From media relations and speaking opportunities to All Hands meetings, we serve as Stitch Fix’s chief evangelists and storytellers. We’re a growing team that is highly cross-functional, creative, driven and motivated by challenge. We are looking for an accomplished Internal Communications Manager to help us build this critical function. Think you may be the perfect fit? Read on!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Internal Communications Manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategic internal communications campaigns that inform, engage and inspire employees in a way that’s uniquely Stitch Fix. You will design creative, innovative ways to reach this all-important audience that are in tune with Stitch Fix’s culture, values, strategy and vision. You will serve as a trusted adviser to our senior executives, helping them more effectively communicate across their teams and identify an effective, authentic leadership style. From company-wide meetings, to change communications, to keeping our increasingly international team in the loop, the work will cross various mediums (written, audio, visual, video) and require a skilled communications guru who can distill complex information, see around corners and remain calm under pressure. This is a highly visible and collaborative role that requires close partnerships with leaders and teams across the business. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, you will work cross-functionally with communications team members in charge of PR for Corporate, Tech, Consumer and the UK, and have a comprehensive view of our communications strategy and activities.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Be at the forefront of internal communications at Stitch Fix, shaping strategy for the program and executing new and existing initiatives.
- Build relationships with our executive team and become a trusted adviser for their internal communications, both at a team level and at a company level.
- Work across the business to discover, curate and share compelling stories about our company, our product, our technology and our people.
- Enjoy thinking creatively and analytically. You have a knack for beautiful, high-impact design, enjoy creating presentations and other visual assets (Photoshop know-how a plus), and can work well with our Creative team. You are equally energized by diving into comms metrics and partnering with our People Analytics team to surface insights around what moves the needle for Stitch Fix employees.
- Dive deep into our people and culture to involve and engage employees. Find creative and compelling ways to illustrate and amplify our culture and our social impact strategy, including our diversity, equity & inclusion strategy, sustainability efforts and community investments.
- Define our internal channel strategy, test new channels and revamp existing ones. Identify opportunities to amplify content and news across various channels and outlets, and keep your finger on the pulse of internal chatter, as well as local, industry and competitor news.
- Extend our internal communications program internationally as we grow, and partner closely with the communications leader in the UK.
- Partner closely with the leaders of large cross-functional teams on change communications.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE…
- You have 6+ years of communications experience with a focus on internal and/or executive comms (ideally within tech or retail and at a company with an international presence).
- You have broad knowledge of industry best and emerging practices for engaging employees.
- You have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- You are able to work across mediums, including slide creation, visual design, videos, etc.
- You are highly organized, deadline-driven and detail-oriented.
- You possess an outstanding work ethic, the ability to perform under pressure and within ambiguity, and prioritize and deliver short- and long-term projects.
- You are a good partner to others, intellectually curious and open to feedback.
- You love Stitch Fix and believe in our service, our culture, and our mission
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX…
- We are a group of bright, kind people who are motivated by challenge.
- Stitch Fix’s mission is to help people feel like their best selves, and that’s just as true for our own employees as it is for our clients. You can be your authentic self here and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and retail. Together, we are building a company that is redefining an entire industry.
- We are a technology and data-driven business, with a lot of creativity and style.
- We are a values-based company that is committed to realizing our vision of “transforming the way people find what they love.”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things.
- We believe in autonomy and taking initiative.
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive health benefits.
ABOUT STITCH FIX
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody, and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.