Do you want to change lives? Do you thrive in an environment of transformational change? Do you have a strong background in social media strategy and content development? Then we invite you to join our growing team!
The Social Media & Communications Specialist reports to the Marketing & Communications Manager and is responsible for developing and implementing Yolo Food Bank’s (YFB) social media strategy, engagement and relationships, as well as creating clear, clever and effective social media and traditional media content depicting YFB’s work and impact. In collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Manager, the position determines and manages social media marketing and communications priorities congruent with department objectives and initiatives.
- Participate in the Philanthropic Engagement Department’s strategic planning and goal-setting activities.
- Maximize the use of each social media platform currently in use by YFB (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and continually seek and explore new platforms.
- Design, develop and implement a social content calendar that supports YFB’s branding and marketing strategy including posting, monitoring and responding to online activity.
- Identify opportunities to influence public perception of YFB through engaging diverse audiences via social media and traditional media outlets.
- Write, design and produce original social media marketing content and materials to create a cohesive message and image for all platforms.
- Develop and execute electronic marketing content; write content for e-newsletters, press releases, advertising, collateral materials, displays, invitations and annual reports; provide written content as needed for other YFB departments and for the YoloFoodBank.org website.
- Acquire needed photography and maintain up-to-date library of photos depicting YFB’s work and impact.
- Monitor media placements, catalog and preserve access to all media coverage across print, broadcast and social media outlets.
- Participate in the planning, promotion and execution of YFB events and any related funding initiatives.
- Serve as a YFB ambassador at outreach events, presentations and community gatherings.
- Embrace and model an internal Culture of Philanthropy to inspire colleagues and advance YFB’s mission.
- Model YFB core values and organizational culture in all work efforts.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will be a skilled social media expert and savvy marketer who is passionate about the mission and work of YFB. In addition, he or she will possess the following experience, skills and personal attributes:
- Two years of social media and communications experience in a professional environment, or an equivalent combination of relevant education/training and experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies.
- Proficient in social media management and analytics including web traffic metrics and SEO.
- Skilled user of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms, with the ability to act on a comprehensive and tailored understanding of how to maximize the advantages of each platform for marketing, engagement and solicitation purposes.
- Superior business writing and promotional copywriting skills; excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and skilled in using and learning electronic systems and databases.
- Able to understand and analyze technical data and reports and make logical recommendations.
- Experience as a photographer and/or selecting photography for business, promotional and social media.
- Strong planning and organization skills; able to make decisions in a changing environment, anticipate future needs, respond to unanticipated events and meet deadlines.
- Strong focus on details and accuracy in all aspects of duties.
- Possess a high level of integrity, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with partners, donors, vendors, staff and community members.
- Able to plan, initiate and manage multiple tasks, projects and demands, despite frequent interruptions and deadlines, with accuracy, flexibility and professionalism.
- Able to work positively and effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders in person, virtually, via email or over the phone.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Willingness to take on new tasks and responsibilities as the position evolves and the organization grows.
- This position is full-time, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with frequent evening/weekend work.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary is set at $58,500, plus benefits including 4 weeks PTO, 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, 403(b) match, EAP and life insurance.
Application Procedure & Timeline
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Andrea Weiss, Search Consultant, email@example.com. The priority review date is March 1. However, applicant screening will be ongoing as the goal is to welcome a new team member as soon as possible.
About Yolo Food Bank
Recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal in 2020 as one of the Best Places to Work, YFB positively impacts the lives of more than 60,000 Yolo County residents who live in poverty. We provide as many as one million pounds of food each month at nearly 130 distributions via a network of 200 partnerships with food donors, distribution sites and relationships with 84 local nonprofit programs. Not only is YFB’s mission to end hunger and malnutrition in Yolo County, YFB actively reduces poverty in the county by advancing environmental, social and economic sustainability. It is YFB’s objective to develop and nurture an equitable, sustainable local food system to advance the health and wellness of ALL Yolo County residents. All positions at YFB serve as ambassadors for our work, and develop and enhance a grateful, nimble, resourceful, creative, curious, collaborative, compassionate and visionary approach to accomplishing individual and organization-wide goals and objectives. Visit our website for details on our programs and impact: www.yolofoodbank.org.